Things you need to know
Freemasonry is open to men from all walks of life, regardless of their personal circumstances or background. However there are a few things you need to know if you are considering applying for membership of a Lodge……
- Membership is only open to men over the age of 21 years (18 in certain circumstances).
- All Freemasons are required to have a belief in a Supreme Being.
- All Freemasons are required to obey the law and to be good citizens.
- Freemasons are specifically prohibited from using their masonic affiliations to further their own (or anyone else’s) business interests.
- Freemasons regularly donate money to Charity. No one, however, is asked to donate more than they can afford.
- A Freemason’s first duty is always the well-being of his family.